Monday, March 31, 2008

Smart Investing

A city boy, Kenny, moved to the country and bought adonkey from an old farmer for $100.00. The farmeragreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorryson, but I have some bad news, the donkey died lastnight."
Kenny replied: "Well then, just give me my moneyback."
The farmer said: "Can't do that. I went and spent italready."
Kenny said: "OK then, just unload the donkey."
The farmer asked: "What you gonna to do with him?"Kenny: "

I'm going to raffle him off." (Note: Toraffle is to sell a thing by lottery - draw lot -! toa group of people each paying the same amount for aticket)
Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"
Kenny: "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tellanybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked,"
What happened with that dead donkey?"Kenny: "
I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at twodollars apiece and made a profit of $998.00."
Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"Kenny: "
Just the guy who won. So I gave him back histwo dollars."

No comments:

Ouch....

A man had been in a terrible car accident, and woke up in the hospital. Looking around, he noticed a doctor leaning over his bed. "...